Wildwood and District Rod and Gun Club
First I would like to thank all those who renewed their memberships and welcome all the new members to our Club. Our Club is an Alberta Fish & Game Association (A.F.G.A.) affiliated Club. The A.F.G.A is a private nonprofit association that has over 25,000 members and is the largest, oldest, fishing / hunting and conservation association in Alberta. You may access their web site at www.afga.org to read about all the great things that A.F.G.A. does for all Albertans.
The Range Certification is approved to December 31 2020. It is important that all Range members follow the Rules to help us keep our certification. Our Range is in great shape. Thanks to the volunteers who help with the Range clean up and maintenance days. It takes a lot of work to keep the range clean and every member is encouraged to do their own clean up and a little bit extra. Please use the trash bins provided for shot shell hulls and used targets, also white plastic pails are provided in both ranges for used brass. Please pickup your garbage. Brooms are provided. Our range lease has been renewed until 2029.
The Club will organize Sunday afternoon Trap Shoots, watch for more information via the website and emails.
Membership Fees and Renewals
Memberships run from April 1, to March 31, every year. The 2019 Membership fees will be $120.00 for Regular Memberships and $195.00 for Family Memberships. A $25.00 maintenance fee is included in these prices.
There are Six scheduled Membership Renewal Days on site. Two days at the Gun Range, Two days at Cabela’s South Side Windermere in Conference Room, and Two days at Cabela’s North Side in Conference Room.
Saturday March 16, 2019 - 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Cabela’s Edmonton North Side
Sunday March 17, 2019 - 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Cabela’s Edmonton North Side
Saturday March 30, 2019 - 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Cabela’s Edmonton Windermere South Side
Sunday March 31, 2019 - 10:00 am – 4:00 pm – Cabela’s Edmonton Windermere South Side
Saturday March 30, 2019 - 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Gun Range Club House
Saturday April 06, 2019 - 11:00 am – 3:00 pm – Gun Range Club House
Memberships are available from:
Gord Hurteau ( Edmonton ) 780 450-1503
Guy Larochelle ( Edmonton ) 780 486-6917
Pat Burns ( Mayerthorpe ) 780 305-8762
A. Szautner Enterprises Guns & Ammo ( Wildwood ) 780 325-2205
2019 Volunteer Clean-up and Maintenance Dates: clean-ups start at 10 AM at the Range bring basic tools and gloves: June 1, September 07. The range will be closed during clean-up hours. Dates may change please check the website for updates.
Club Meetings, Annual General Meeting, and Horn Scoring, Pig Roast/ Trap shoot
All members are encouraged to attend regular meetings on the second Thursday of the month at 7:30 PM. At the Club House on the Range. The Annual General Meeting is the second Thursday of March every year.
Horn scoring is the last Sunday in January every year.
Pig Roast / Trap shoot August 24, 2019. Ticket sales start June 01 and ends August 11. Only 150 tickets. Watch website and emails for more information.
Special note to all Range users:
- Please adhere to all Range rules, including new Archery Rules.
- No 50BMG class rifles. The Range is not certified for this template of rifles.
- No pets allowed on range property
- No Tannerite, Firebird or other Binary Exploding targets
- Do not shoot the target stands or put targets such as clays on our target stands or on the Gong enclosures.
- Every shooter (members and guests ) must individually sign the register in a legible manner complete with name and membership number.
- All shooters must shoot from the firing line, no down range shooting unless you have executive approval in writing.
- No shotguns on pistol/rim-fire range.
- Due to excessive maintenance on the 100yd gongs, those using mag calibers refrain from shooting the 100yd gongs.
- If you use mobile target stands, club supplied sand bags, wood boxes or other shooting aids, please return them to the storage shed after usage.
- Park your vehicle only in the parking lot, not behind the Club House
- The pistol range will be equipped with a steel gong enclosure at the 50 yard back stop, members have to provide their own steel target.
- Police yourselves it’s your Range…. Don’t lose it
The Pond is stocked with 800 Rainbow Trout a year in May. It’s great family recreation. Alberta Fishing regulations apply. See our website for the location.
Gord Hurteau President 780 450-1503
Norm Hopkins Range Officer 780 795-7392
Web site: wildwoodrodandgun.ca email: email@example.com